A report form obtained by Fox News and reportedly filed by Indiana abortionist Dr. Caitlin Bernard reveals she listed the age of the alleged illegal alien charged with raping an Ohio 10-year-old as a minor of age 17, rather than his age of 27, as reported by police.
Fox News reported Thursday evening Gerson Fuentes, 27, alleged to be an illegal immigrant from Guatemala, who was charged Wednesday in Ohio with rape of a minor under 13 years of age, was reported to be approximately 17 in the official Termination of Pregnancy Report (TPR) that gives the name of Bernard as the “physician performing termination.”
The German-owned Politico also obtained the TPR form, which states the abortion was performed on June 30, reported to the Indiana Department of Child Services on July 2, and received by the Indiana Department of Health also on July 2.
The mother of the 10-year-old girl who reportedly had the abortion in Indiana after the alleged illegal alien raped her is defending the man, stating, “Everything they are saying against him is a lie,” Telemundo reported Thursday.
Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita wrote to Governor Eric Holcomb (R) Wednesday, asking him to ensure state agencies confirm that Bernard, originally the sole source of the story of the rape, filed the TPR form as required by law.
“As you are aware, news accounts have swirled in recent days regarding a 10-year-old victim of sexual assault who traveled to Indiana from Ohio to obtain an abortion from Dr. Caitlin Bernard,” Rokita wrote to Holcomb, adding:
A physician presented with a pregnant pre-teen – a victim of sexual assault – must report the assault to law enforcement immediately. One who aborts the pregnancy of such a rape victim must within three days file a report of the abortion with both the Indiana Department of Health and the Indiana Department of Child Services.
The attorney general noted that a member of his staff contacted the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) on July 11 to request all Termination of Pregnancy Reports (TPRs) filed within the last 30 days in order to assess whether Bernard filed such a report.
“So far, IDOH has produced no Termination of Pregnancy Report in response to our request,” Rokita said, adding a similar request on July 12 to Department of Child Services also produced no response.
“If Dr. Bernard has failed to file the required reports on time, she has committed an offense, the consequences of which could include criminal prosecution and licensing repercussions,” he wrote.
“I respectfully ask that you direct the state agencies under your purview to produce immediately to my office the requested TPRs and to confirm whether a child abuse report was filed with DCS so we can confirm Dr. Bernard’s compliance with the law,” Rokita requested of the governor.
Kathleen DeLaney, Bernard’s attorney, said in a statement to Fox News Digital the abortionist is “considering legal action against those who have smeared my client, including Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, and know that the facts will all come out in due time.”
“My client, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, took every appropriate and proper action in accordance with the law and both her medical and ethical training as a physician,” she reportedly said. “She followed all relevant policies, procedures and regulations in this case, just as she does every day to provide the best possible care for her patients.”
The case of the 10-year-old girl went viral after Bernard used her story to target pro-life states that have chosen to return to or enact abortion restrictions or bans per the Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization last month.
Despite numerous inquiries into what many saw as a vague story, Bernard did not share any further details, including whether or not she or her Ohio colleague made a report of the alleged rape to law enforcement or child protective services.
Other pro-abortion media and, ultimately, Joe Biden himself, used the story of the alleged rape of the young girl to attempt to shame states with abortion restrictions or bans following the Court’s decision. Biden repeated the claim in an effort to justify his executive order attempting to undermine that ruling.
– – –
Susan Berry, PhD, is national education editor at The Star News Network. Email tips to [email protected]